Summer is almost here! (Except if you live in Wisconsin, then spring is almost here….)
Regardless of what climate you are living in, easy-to-make summer cocktails for the busy BBQing days ahead are something that you will want to have on the ready.
This refreshing cherry limeade uses tart cherry juice, but don’t worry, the sweetness of the Amaretto balances out all the tartness going on here. The result is a fruity cocktail with a little punch and a whole lot of summer vibe.
But living in the tundra (like I do) doesn’t mean that you have to wait for sweltering days to enjoy this cocktail recipe. This Amaretto-spiked cherry limeade goes great with barbecue, but it also pairs quite well with my Instant Pot Hamburger Stew. Both are punchy – yet a little sweet….
…like the weather up here in Wisconsin right now; you want to punch it, but when summer finally gets here (and it will), it is ever so sweet.
How to make the Nutty Cherry Limeade:
What you’ll need:
- tart cherry juice
- lime juice
- club soda
1. Fill a pint glass with ice.
2. Pour the Amaretto, lime juice, and cherry juice into a cocktail shaker half filled with ice. Shake until well mixed and chilled, about 15 seconds. Top with a splash of club soda.
3. Strain the liquid from the cocktail shaker into the pint glass. Top with a splash of club soda and garnish with a lime wedge and maraschino cherry.
- Fill a rocks glass half way with ice.
- Pour in the Amaretto, lime juice, then cherry juice. Top with a splash of club soda
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a maraschino cherry.