This is an easy gourmet fudge recipe for when you need to satisfy your sweet tooth without feeling like you’ve overindulged.
Double Chocolate Chipotle Fudge is definitely one of the best healthy dessert recipes to have if you are on a diet; it’s low carb and low sugar for a dessert. You won’t feel heavy after you’ve had a couple of pieces… or even more than a couple!
Double Chocolate Chipotle Fudge
- Double Boiler
- coconut oil for the pan
- 12 oz
good quality chocolate baking squaresminimum 66% cacao
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ tsp chipotle in adobo sauce pureed
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ tsp
100% powdered leaf stevia
- 1 drop cinnamon essential oil
- 1 cup white chocolate chips plus more for sprinkling
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Prepare a small baking dish (4 x 8 inches) by lining with foil, making sure that it extends out of the long edges by two inches (these will be your 'handles' for pulling the fudge out when it's done). Using a bunched up sheet of paper towel, grease the foil with about 1 teaspoon or so of the coconut oil. Smooth out the foil as you rub the oil over it.
- Heat the chocolate, evaporated milk, chipotle, stevia and butter in a double boiler, stirring occasionally to mix everything as it melts. Once the chocolate mixture is melted and becomes thick and smooth, remove the from the heat and allow it to cool slightly, about a minute or two.
- Thoroughly stir in the essential oil. Add in the 1 cup white chocolate chips and stir a few times, just enough to mix them through the dark chocolate the but not enough to melt them. Immediately pour the fudge into the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly with the back side of a spoon or an offset spatula.
- Sprinkle the fudge with more white chocolate chips and a little bit of coarse sea salt. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator and gently lift the fudge out of the pan by holding the edges of the tin foil and pulling up. Cut into 32 one-inch squares and serve!