This is a super easy soup recipe to make, especially when the last thing you feel like doing is cooking. It only takes 20 minutes from start to finish and is packed with ingredients that can ease symptoms and boost your immune system. Why not give it a try?
Soup For When You Are Sick
- dutch oven or large pot
- large ladle
- heat-proof soup bowls
- 5 cups bone broth
- 2 cups water
- ¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 head organic garlic cut in half crosswise with skins left on
- 2 tbsp dried wakame
- 2 cups frozen tortellini of your choice
- 2 tsp sesame oil for drizzling
- red pepper flakes for garnish
- Bring the bone broth and water to a rigorous boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the cayenne, garlic, scallions, wakame, and tortellini. Allow to simmer for another 5-8 minutes, or until the tortellini is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a ladle to spoon the soup into small crocks or heat-proof bowls. Drizzle with sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Serve immediately, you want this soup to be piping hot!